The Perfect LIP – The Right Way To Apply Lip Liner, Lip Gloss and Lipstick
Not all of us are born with gorgeous, full lips, however, there are some beauty tricks you can use to camouflage imperfections, make your lips look fuller and give you a more youthful appearance.
- First Prep – To keep your lips looking their best and to prepare a good foundation for your lip products, a good exfoliant and lip moisturizer will make all the difference. Exfoliating and moisturizing can take years off of your lips and give you a more youthful appearance.
- Lip Liner – Lip liner really is a key beauty tool for beautiful lips, especially for those of us with thinner lips. The secret, however, is in how you apply it.
- The Right Color – Choosing the right color for your lip liner is key. Have you ever seen a woman with really dark lip liner? The best way to choose a color, unless you are wearing a distinctive color -like bright red, a purple or something to match an outfit – is to find a shade as close as possible to your actual lip color – a medium to light pinkish color. Also, you should get a shade a little lighter than the lipstick shade. That way your liner will look more natural.
- Draw The Right Line – Often women draw the line too narrow – meaning they draw right at the under edge of the lip rather than the top making their lips look thinner. Don’t be afraid to go to the outer edge of the lip which is really where the lips start. We really like lip pencils for this.
- Fill In The Lip – Another beauty tip to make the lips look more realistic and fuller once you have lined them is – to use the same lip pencil to fill in your lips before applying lipstick. The thicker lip pencils are great for this. Often times for a more casual look, you can just apply lip gloss over a penciled lip for a beautiful look.
- The Perfect Lipstick – When choosing a lipstick color, pick a color that really enhances your skin color and your hair. Often times a more natural color will be the best choice, unless you have an important event. We are big fans of red lipstick for all ages. Just make sure to blot!
- A Little Gloss Is Magic – A “little” gloss over a lipstick can make all the difference. We recommend a little lighter shade than your lipstick with a some shine applied – to the center of your lips – not the entire lip. We love the shine lip glosses with a hint of gold or pearlescent look. Don’t be afraid to mix different gloss colors that don’t exactly match your lipstick. The trick is to enhance it.
SHOP OUR FAVORITE LIP PRODUCTS TO GET THAT PERFECT LIP